Monday 12 September 2011

02

Saturday was a good day spent wandering around London. 

Every year on my birthday I do something separately with my parents. This year my dad asked what I fancied doing, and so taking into consideration his fear of heights and my fear of water, I naturally suggested going on the London Eye – a 135-metre-high Ferris wheel, situated on the banks of the River Thames. 

Within five minutes of the capsule door closing, I wanted to get off. The people on the ground grew increasingly smaller and my knees felt like jelly. Everyone else looked perfectly relaxed, standing by the glass and admiring the view. My dad and I however were sat in the centre, looking pale and sweaty. Once the capsule had finished its incline it was a lot better. I managed to take a few photos and at least appreciate the vastness that is London. I am glad that I faced my fear and would quite like to take a night flight – not just yet, mind.

It was the first time that I’d taken my camera to London. In a few weeks I intend to return alone, as it is difficult to take photos when you are with other people, what with keeping on stopping. Therefore, I am not overly pleased with the shots that I got, but I shall post them regardless. There are quite a few, so I shall let the pictures do the talking from here.





Around about here, all I could hear in my head was a line from Parasite God: Watching all the tiny people / how they waste themselves away / obey themselves away.

If I'd have been braver and gotten nearer to the glass, I'd not have captured so much reflection.




I missed most of the interesting landmarks because I was too busy thinking "oh shit, this is really high".



Skater boys.


I had a geek moment here, because Closer, one of my all-time favourite films, features this aquarium.

And on films, I suppose I should mention another of my favourites, V for Vendetta. Remember remember the 5th of November.








I'm lucky to live so close to such an interesting place, really.



1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. Such a talented photographer! I cannot wait to see where your future takes you!!! Big things in store for you miss Lauren :)

    Peace and much love,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete