Monday 3 October 2011

04

After a few weeks without wireless internet, I have returned.

Over the weekend I visited a local Mind Body Spirit show after hearing about it from an acquaintance. It was in aid of Little Haven's hospice. Although all things new age do no massively appeal to me these days, I like the atmosphere and people that can be found at such an event, so I went, taking my camera with the intent of practicing my bravery - taking photos in crowds makes me nervous. 

It was the first event that I have tried to photograph and there were some definite learning curves. Now that I have done it once though, I am going to keep my eye out for other local events as it was fun in spite of the challenges. 

In the centre of the room where the show was held, an area was being used by various performers. My favourite were the Akula Tribal Bellydancers:






 Their response to the photos has been really positive and they are going to use some of them for their website, so that is exciting!

Now I need to find some sort of music event - I really want to try my hand at some shots of live musicians.

Fun times.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love these! So candid and spectacular!! We must find a full calendar of events to attend when I come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete