Friday 21 October 2011

07

BRRRR, it is cold.

Things keep breaking. Malfunctioning electrical appliances serve only to make me feel like a grown up.

Using towels from an airer instead of the tumble dryer is like using a piece of toast. Exfoliating.

On Sunday I went to my cousin's 7th birthday party. It was a beautiful day out and fun to see the family. I took photos but didn't realise just how many until I arrived home. I shall be sparing, here.

Little children are amazing. When you point a camera at an older person, they immediately pose or smile or say they are having a fat day or are looking too pale. Children though, they look straight into the lens and just... are.














6 comments:

  1. teehee, the girls with their poodgy cheeks. soh coot wike coopcake *babyeater*

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great, lauren. you need to give me lessons. and i need a new camera. :P vong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vong! If you want a new camera, just start shooting in RAW - it's as good as getting a new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great series. I am glad you are continuing to pursue your craft...you have a lot of talent. It's hard to describe, but you make great observations with your camera. You really do a great job of relaying the subject's point of view, while subtling imparting your own. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are absolutely FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all!

    Tim, your comments are always encouraging. I am pleased to have found something that I am genuinely passionate about doing and comments like this make me happy!

    ReplyDelete